Saturday 9 August 2014

The first day

Hallo Leute!

This week we had the OWO, orientation week, in Mölln. There were 39 other exchange students from Europe, from Finland were 8, including me. The others were from Italy, Switzerland, France, Lithuania, Hungarian, Norway and Denmark. 

The orientation week was okay, I think. It wasn't that nice to wake up every morning before eight and we didn't have wifi and all that I didn't like, BUT still it was really useful. The team members talked almost only German to us but if we didn't understand something they explained to us in English or in our own language. The first day, I didn't understand much but in the end of the week every time at least the main points. 

Today our orientation week ended and we all traveled to our host families. Most by train but some, like me, were picked up. I was so nervous when we were waiting for our families, but everything was good after all. The ride was long but I slept almost the whole time. 

When we arrived home with my host sister and father, my host mother had prepared lunch for us. Everyone are so nice :) After we had eaten, my host sisters showed me the house and the stable and the garden, so schön. Then I slept some more. 

We went riding with my sisters and Lotta, the dog, came with us too. It was nice, I had already started missing riding and horses and everything. 

I'm really tired right now. The past week was kind of tiring and everything is new and I have to translate everything in my head all the time but I'm sure it will get better! Now I think I'm going to sleep :D
All the Finnish exchange student who will spent their exchange year in Germany
(and travelling via YFU)


Me and Oona, one of the Finns during our OWO in Mölln

Last night at the camp




Today riding

Okay so now to bed, gute Nacht ♥

2 comments: